Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you break up with someone?

This guy is my first boyfriend and just feel like it's not working out and that we should see other people. I don't think I should break up with him over the phone or via email so does anyone have good advice about when, where, and how to tell him?How do you break up with someone?
Or you can be like me, be too afraid to brake up with somebody so you live for years in a lie because you have no backbone. You should give it a try, being a spineless wimp has it's advantages.


Man I have got to grow some balls.


BHow do you break up with someone?
The first two posters have hit the nail on the head. Make it brief, be direct.





You know in your gut that it isn't working. Spare the guy all the ';Let's take a break stuff'; I have had many relationships in my life and have never gotten back together with an ex (Well, once or twice just for sex, but that was a mistake too.) Trust us. You'll feel better almost immediately afterwards, and he will heal quicker too if you don't drag it out with the ';separation'; thing. Email or phone? Don't be a coward.


Good Luck!
I agree with most of the answers above. Choose a time when you think he's calm and fresh. Do it in your place or his, but make sure that you're alone. Don't spend so much time giving him stories and introductions, just say: ';I'm sorry, but I don't think this is going to work between us. I feel we are better off';, or something similar, just make it simple and short.
Yes i have advice on this one.You need to call him and tell him you need to see him .When you see him ask him how he thinks the relationship is going , and then tell him how you feel about the relationship and that you think maybea you would like to take a break and sort out how you feel.
yes hear me hear me just walk up to him and say were over and then you will feel better
A breakup is usually not a pleasant affair. It's hard for you and It's hard for the other person.





Don麓t have the goodbye talk in the middle of a restaurant, or at a friend麓s house. Find a quiet place where you both feel relatively comfortable, and spend time to talk about it.





Make sure that you NEVER use the old lines (e.g., its not you, it's me, it's not working, I like someone else) keep it straight and true.





It won麓t be easy, and will probably be sad and anger-filled for you both. However, having this good closure will make the healing process much, much easier.
Not in public. His place or yours. Tell him the truth. End of story. (sorry I'm a bit pragmatic)
Find him, break up to his face... NOW


HURRY!


Then find Jesus
I agree with Gay Lord. Also-- make it brief... don't process feelings for 4 hours. Just like taking off a bandaide- better to do it quick. ';Joe, this isn't working for me... very best to you';.

No comments:

Post a Comment