Monday, August 16, 2010

How to kindly break up with someone?

I have been seeing this really great guy for the last few weeks. We've been on 4 really incredible, very long dates and have casually hung out at his work in between. We are not an established couple or anything, but there is a certain level of commitment. I am transferring colleges soon and I am terrified of becoming too attached. He works at the cafe I study in all the time, so I would love to stay friends with him. Is there a nice way to end things, but still keep him as a friend?How to kindly break up with someone?
So let me get this straight





1. He's a really great guy


2. You've been on 4 REALLY increadible dates


3. College transfer is causing a fear of attatchment





If this person likes you, there is no ';kind'; way of breaking up. The friendship thing is not not fair to him. I'm not gonna go into it, but my source link pretty much wraps it up.





The best way to end things with him is to say exactly what you wrote here: ';I am transferring colleges soon and I am terrified of becoming too attached.';

No comments:

Post a Comment